Monday 19 July 2021

A whirlwind of a time

So, too much had been going on for me to get on and write a post over the last few days and I'll probably break it up into a couple of posts to make it less strenuous reading for you. 

First up, after the joys of being informed as the last hour that I needed a 'codice fiscali' from Italy in order to complete on our purchase, and then told it could be up to 6 weeks before I get a response, I am delighted to say it came through within a week of my application and we are now barrier-less to completing (we all know that's a joke, I predict 1000 other complications yet).

In local news, I gave officially finished work in the UK and, as of 5pm today, am unemployed. The team, where I have been based since Jan 2017, threw me a lovely leaving do at over of my favourite woodlands on Thursday (my last working day). There was a lot of chat and laughter and it was lovely to see everyone in person, especially after the last 18 months. 

I was also gifted some very thoughtful presents, including a wonderful wild food recipe book in both Italian and English, a poly tunnel growing guide (from a friend) and a beautifully hand sewn fabric Welsh love heart. 






As excited as I am to be going to Italy, I am hugely thankful to the people at the job I have been doing for the past 4.5 years. I have learnt so much from everyone and, at cliché as it sounds, developed as a person. I can't wait to take my skills and knowledge to Italy to share the woodland love with them. 

A big thank you to everyone in NPT council, Coed Lleol and Swansea council for everything. See you in Italy!





Here's Lobo, being Lobo, by a Waterfall





No comments:

Post a Comment