Friday 9 July 2021

Packing is my least favourite hobby

Alright, it probably isn't a 'hobby' but I seem to spend more time thinking about, planning and subsequently ignoring my plan for packing than any other non work activities.

Today was a day off work to be organised in an unorganised manner. Our pack of 6 rolls of paper tape arrived this week so we were all set to put boxes together and fill them haphazardly with stuff we probably don't need before we move... But we might. I have already had to unpack stuff I packed as month ago, so it's going well. 

Today we boxed up 45kg of Sabi's fabric. It'd be fine if it wasn't less than half of her stockpile, tidied the garage a bit more (that's a slow burner), packed up a box of toys while the kids were distracted and then unpacked and repacked some boxes. Good times. 

Because we are moving abroad we also have to complete a customs form detailing what we are taking, so I also spent about an hour weighing every box and recording what's in each one. 

We fly 2 weeks today. I wonder if the vans will be big enough. Hope so. 





Here is Lobo. Looking majestic


No comments:

Post a Comment